Design Operations Lead, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for our first Design Operations leader at Cash App. In this role, you will focus on scaling and supporting design processes to ensure the design team is integrated and effective. You will further amplify creative at Cash App by driving strategic cross-functional initiatives and fostering an inclusive design community.
Reporting to the Head of Creative and Design, this role spans across team operations and program management. You will drive impact for our designers by creating and implementing processes to support the day-to-day operations of the design team. You will partner with Cash App leadership to innovate and build new solutions that allow us to scale effectively.
- Build systems and processes that scale across the discipline to optimize the creative process
- Work on and build a team to support strategic projects that span Product Design, Creative, and Brand based on the current and changing needs of the team
- Establish a prioritization framework that considers business and brand priorities
- Define the scope and the resources that projects will need to get delivered, working across teams to handle stakeholder management
- Track and communicate progress across projects, ensuring the teams are on track, facilitating decision-making, resolving blockers and surfacing challenges
- Help drive context and visibility across the team, helping to break down internal silos.
- Become an evangelist, advocate, and educator on behalf of our design team, elevating the team’s presence within the organization
- Help onboard new designers to the team and seek innovative ways to ensure that all new employees have a great experience joining Cash App
- Enable continuous improvement during the projects, ensuring insights are captured, shared, and integrated.
- Help develop process improvements for Design Operations, setting up for future growth
- Continuously monitor and improve cross-functional partnerships. Develop stakeholder and culture mapping to reduce friction in partnership, increase information flow, communication, and collaboration.
- 10+ years of experience in Design Operations or Design Program Management
- 4+ years of management experience
- Strong operational and facilitation skills, with a proven ability to plan, coordinate and execute projects
- Proven track record of working with design and creative teams, in addition to cross-functional partners
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- Passion for supporting teams and enabling creatives to do their best work
- An action bias and intense desire to solve problems
- Unmatched attention to detail and due diligence
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of humility
- Extreme empathy for the customer, your teammates, and the company mission
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.