Senior iOS Engineer, Payment Acceptance
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Payments Acceptance Mobile
Payment Acceptance Mobile builds SDKs for developers that build applications which take payments via Square – either talking to Square hardware via our Reader SDK, storing a card in buyer facing applications via our In-App Payments SDK, or using Square Point of Sale via our app-switch API. We work closely with both the Checkout Flow team, the Connected Device Experience team, and the Mobile Security team to create, package, and document the code that Square uses in our applications into ergonomic and simple SDKs that handle the complexities of taking card payments.
As part of the Payment Acceptance Mobile team, you'll be building SDKs that not only serve Square's products, but also independent and professionally developed applications that Square wouldn't build. You'll bring the same product quality focus from Square products to building developer tools and libraries that allow our customers to never miss a sale.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Swift and/or Objective-C for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and accurately report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to continuously improve our products.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources