Marketing Manager - Brand, Content and Community
- Dublin, Ireland
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is looking for an experienced marketer to help bring our mission of economic empowerment to Europe. Reporting to the Senior Manager of EU Marketing, you will help bring Square to the world. You'll have three primary domains of responsibility, spanning paid, owned and earned surfaces.
You will help architect the stories that Square tells in EU markets, as well as oversee editorial strategy for Town Square (our owned publication) that is rooted in SEO best practices, ensuring a regular cadence of content. You will also create content that preserves Square's voice, building awareness and brand affinity through storytelling and information sharing on a variety of channels.
This is a multi-faceted role requiring a unique blend of experiences and expertise. You're comfortable at multiple altitudes - whether architecting strategy or driving important details of execution. Perhaps above all, you're an integrator, someone that works with cross-functional teams, both technical and creative.
- Play an important role on a cross-functional team that scopes, designs and executes marketing plans
- Lead the relationship with our creative partners, defining requirements and ensuring our brand and products are brought to life on strategy and with excellence
- Connect the dots between "medium and message", working with the media planning/buying function to ensure our brand expressions are delivered in compelling ways
- Develop and implement editorial and social media strategies that align to main business goals
- Guide and optimise performance of Square's owned marketing channels, growing our audience and engaging with Square sellers on these channels
- Grow our editorial and social channels through paid, owned, and earned distribution strategies
- Partner with Marketing Analytics to measure effectiveness and understand drivers of impact
- Provide impeccable financial stewardship, ensuring budget asks are grounded in sound data and strategy
- 8+ years experience in marketing roles
- Experience in social media, editorial, content marketing, or brand marketing (2 or more is ideal!)
- Experience developing content based on brand, product, and/or educational narratives
- Experience with content management and analytics platforms
- Experience working across multiple European markets
- Experience in B2B marketing, with exposure to both small & medium-size businesses
- FinTech experience
- Experience adapting creative work coming in from other geographies/countries
- Design and creative skills including experience using design tools like Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Figma
- Social analytics knowledge
- Experience working with or knowledge of Demand Gen and Lead Gen best practices
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources