Compensation Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we've consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to find great people regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As Cash App Compensation Partner, you will support the rapidly growing Cash App and work with HR, Talent Acquisition, Finance, and leadership to ensure our compensation programs are operating effectively. You will work at strategic levels to develop and execute creative solutions, ensuring that compensation is aligned with talent, competitive, and simple.
- Plan and communicate compensation structures and programs to recruiters, HR partners, and business leaders to help answer questions and help evaluate job levels and other general comp inquiries.
- Partner with leaders across the People Team and the Cash organization to improve upon existing Square compensation strategy.
- Develop compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyze compensation outcomes.
- Implement systems and processes to scale compensation programs across the organization.
- Work with compensation team members on the compensation benchmarking and market research process; evaluate and perform analysis on pay market positioning, salary structures, and pay mixes to ensure market competitiveness to support overall compensation strategy.
- Participate in the development, management, and execution of compensation programs such as annual reviews and promotions.
- Partner with cross functional teams in Guidance and Legal to set budgets, track and ensure compliance.
- Develop compensation materials and trainings to illustrate and communicate compensation related information.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in compensation, consulting, or related field in. A background in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or Economics is preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex models in a simple and clear manner.
- Experience leading presentations to executive teams and company-wide audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay.
- Experience building compensation systems, managing projects, and scaling processes with company growth
- Strong analytical and Excel/Google Sheets skills are required to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable models, reports, and metrics; ability to see beyond the numbers to guide decision making.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.