Product Manager, Payment Permissions
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square's Payment Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve our sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Trusted Identity platform. We're responsible for ensuring that we know who we're doing business with, and that we are able to keep up to date with our sellers as their businesses change and grow. Customers rely on this platform to keep track of the sensitive details of their business, to manage who can make changes, and to make it painless to stay within the bounds of the law regardless of how their business evolves.
The Payment Permissions team manages core payment capabilities - like activation and settlement, and makes it painless to adjust these permissions on a Seller. This team is critical to our ability to onboard Sellers everywhere and helps us to continue to do due diligence as their business grows.
As the product manager for Payment Permissions, you will lead the direction of your product by setting vision/strategy and partnering with the engineering managers of your sprint teams to drive execution. In this role you will champion the voice of our sellers and developers to deliver a reliable, scalable, and secure platform that allows Square and 3rd-party developers to innovate on behalf of our sellers.
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution
- Focus the team on the most impactful projects by understanding the jobs to be done, synthesizing those needs into your product roadmap, and defining key metrics
- Manage expectations by communicating progress to stakeholders and partners
- Align for large cross-team projects by driving your team's annual planning process.
- Ensure the health of your product by balancing new features with maintenance and technical debt.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Deep understanding and empathy for our sellers and the developers who serve them
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers
- System thinking mindset, technical background and passion
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Desire to lead, the ability to drive product strategy and work well with senior engineers and designers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer or engaging a cross-functional audience
- Natural curiosity, obsession with the details, desire to build the right thing
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources