Software Engineer, Graph Platform
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
All of Square's product services are organized into departments with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there's a connected platform team that supports the network. We are that platform. Through data pipelines, we collect data from across Square's ecosystem of products. Our knowledge graph infrastructure contains billions connections between millions entities across Square. This connected data is used across multiple teams, from getting more users onto the Square platform to feature development for statistical models. The scope of this team's work is expanding and there are many opportunities for improving Square's growing global audience.
Within our team, we're looking for engineers to focus on building Square's graph data systems. Our focus is on building fault tolerant systems that make operations, analysts and data scientists happier and more productive. Our infrastructure is used by product teams on both the Seller and Cash App sides of the business.
You will build APIs and databases that connect data from products across Square. You will work with our internal customers (Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and Operations Agents) to understand their workflows.
- A desire to design systems that solve our customer's problems; you want to understand your customers' needs.
- You lead small projects and mentor junior engineers
- The ability to produce production-quality code incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring
- 5+ years of experience developing large-scale distributed data systems
- Experience using any of the major cloud vendors (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience in any of: graph or network data, machine learning infrastructure
- It is a plus if you have an advanced degree focusing in computer science or other computational fields.
We use and teach:
- Java, Python, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Snowflake, JanusGraph, and Docker
- MySQL, Redis, Hibernate, jOOQ, and Bigtable
- Python ML stack (pandas, scikit-learn, Jupyter, TensorFlow)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources