Product Manager, Invoices Expansion
- San Francisco, CA
We have an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to build trust, close a sale and get paid remotely. As a Product Manager on the team, you will have an opportunity to drive impact for the millions of small businesses utilizing our platform to start, run and grow their business.
You will be responsible for defining the product’s strategy, coordinating and executing projects, and optimizing our customers’ journeys through all stages of the funnel (from onboarding to becoming successful, active sellers) across numerous geographies and product surfaces. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze experiments, and guide the team to move fast and ship solutions.
As PM for the Expansion team, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketing, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our product scales to reach millions more customers by providing a remarkable, delightful experience across all geographies and platforms. Your job will include identifying growth levers for the product through international expansion, building new experiences across numerous product surfaces where our customers need Invoicing tools (e.g. SPOS, Invoices App, Dashboard, etc.), conceptualizing and implementing new business models, and iterating until we reach remarkability with everything we do. You should be willing to take risks and push boundaries, trying anything and everything that helps drive Square Invoices’ long-term success!
If you're looking to impact the growth and direction of a large business within Square, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Help shape and drive the strategy and business case for Square Invoices
- Define key objectives and ensure success is measurable and can be improved upon
- Hypothesize, build, measure and learn. Leverage insights to inform product direction
- Interview and deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers
- Prioritize a roadmap by balancing and championing stakeholder needs
- Work with executive leadership and cross-product teams to grow our active seller base
- Influence key stakeholders at Square to align resources and prioritization
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 5+ years of experience in product management, ideally with a product during a hyper-scaling phase, serving millions of customers, on multiple platforms and countries
- A track record of shipping and iterating on successful products with cross-functional teams
- The ability to influence key stakeholders to align resources and prioritization.
- A desire to work on an international product.
- Previous experience in product management on multiple platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, mobile web).
- Strong customer empathy to shape product direction and execution based on their needs.
- Comfort with analytics to define, retrieve and visualize data to run effective experiments and use quantitative intuition to make product decisions
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and work across a wide range of outside teams who support Invoices through platform development.
- Understanding of acquisition channels (social, paid, affiliate, sponsorships, SEO, word-of-mouth, etc.) and their advantages, trade-offs and idiosyncrasies
- Excellent executionally at a growth stage company product - experience building their own company or contributing to a startup during a hyper-growth phase
- Growth PM experience at a company with an established Growth practice
- Experience with international product development and scaling globally.
- Domain experience with invoices, client management and/or accounting
- SaaS experience and optimization of SaaS business models.
- Empathy (and experience) running businesses that rely on invoices workflows (e.g. ran a small biz that relied heavily on invoices and recurring payments)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources