Finance & Strategy Manager - Payroll Product
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, Square Payroll is radically altering how employees get paid and businesses manage their finances. Square Payroll is automating one of the most complex administrative aspects of running a business: paying a team. We help business owners hire, retain and pay great talent so they can grow their business, and we provide financial control and stability to the hourly workers that need it most. Our customers love our product because it is easy to use, fast, and gives them peace of mind. Our team loves working on Payroll because we're a nimble, full-stack team with a lot of passion to build a remarkable Payroll product and business.
We are looking for a Finance & Strateg Manager, reporting to a Finance & Strategy lead, who will work as a member of our Finance & Strategy team supporting our Payroll product. You will be essential to the product's success. We are thus looking for someone with a background who can manage solutions across a variety of strategic and financial focused challenges.
- You will act as a CFO for our Payroll product, including 1) forecasting the Payroll product's financial performance and developing/managing core Indicators; 2) leading all strategic projects such as pricing, new market analysis and competitor benchmarking and investment frameworks / benchmarking and 3) reporting our results and communicate important takeaways to senior team members (product leaders, board members and executive staff), including identifying business opportunities and risks.
- Partner with departments across the company (e.g. Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to develop frameworks and analysis for measuring impact and optimizing trade-offs across the business.
- Develop financial models and dashboards to track our success and summarize data from these dashboards and SQL to identify the top opportunities for creating growth and lowering costs.
- Support the team with determining the best investment strategy to promote efficient growth and align with Square's strategic priorities.
- Work with Accounting and other Financial partners on monthly/quarterly/annual reporting processes
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, consulting firm, or in a rigorous corporate strategy environment
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (can perform complex functions - there will be a case study)
- Experience with (or enthusiasm to learn) SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau), a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources