Senior Software Engineering Manager - Customer Data Platform
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple single purpose product to the world's most dynamic money app, with over 36 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers, we've held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We sometimes even steal the overall #1 spot from the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today's financial system.
Headquartered in SF with offices in Kitchener Waterloo, Melbourne, New York, Sydney, Austin and Toronto. Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will lead the utilization of Customer Data Platform technologies to improve Cash App’s customer data capabilities that power our growth and go-to-market strategies. The Growth Platform team enables and measures the unified customer journey, intelligently guiding customers through our ecosystem of products with personalized, relevant experiences.
- Be the expert in engineering data problems, understand our data landscape and how to optimize it, design incentives for adoption of the customer data platform and guide the development of remarkable use cases based on the platform.
- Guide the long-term thinking and progress in an ambiguous and rapidly changing space
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Senior Leadership and your peers to develop roadmap and “go-to-market” strategy.
- Build an outstanding team by hiring, coaching and developing engineers, fostering pragmatic engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to constantly improve
- Work with and through others to magnify your team’s impact - set vision, mission and strategy
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, accountability, ownership
- Work with the team to define the roadmap and maintain consistency with organizational goals.
- Ensure architecture and design are properly evaluated for important projects.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- 10+ years of relevant industry or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success leading large strategic complex areas that have clear impact to business objectives.
- Experience managing multiple teams or track record of delivering projects with company level impact and priority
- Natural curiosity and persistence
- Experience with and passion for the creating of inclusive work environments
- Ability to set team vision and strategic direction
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with advertising and/or marketing automation.
- Comfortable with making UI/UX decisions
- Experience with AWS, microservices, React, Redux
- Startup experience: technical founder/co-founder, growth roles
Technologies we use and teach:
- React, Redux
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.