Sales Development Representative - Bilingual (French/English)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Sales team is looking for a Sales Development Representative. The SDR will be a brand ambassador for Square, identifying and qualifying prospective inbound sellers while promoting the value of Square for their business. You will use insights and product knowledge to educate and support customers, understanding how Square’s ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships for Square.
- Respond to marketing-driven inbound leads received by word of mouth, email, phone and social media
- Quickly determine which customers are good product fits for Square
- Prioritize your pipeline for maximum efficiency daily
- Understand complex enterprise requirements and help craft custom solutions
- Gain experience working with Square Sales, Marketing and Partnership teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Qualify inbound leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your sales development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and French
- A desire to further develop your career in sales
- A passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Some experience in a qualifying or prospecting role with the ability to conduct outbound multi-channel outreach
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources