Legal Process Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Our Civil Process and Tax Operations (CPTO) team processes claims to customer funds received from third parties. As a Legal Process Specialist, you are a crucial member of our team, ensuring compliance with legal requests including garnishments, levies, liens and information subpoenas received from creditors and taxing authorities.
- Examine garnishments, levies, liens and information subpoenas to ensure accuracy, completeness and legal sufficiency.
- Review account files to determine whether any customer accounts on Square's platform are implicated.
- Restrain and release funds held in accounts.
- Prepare response documents and submit responses to third parties according to established timelines and legal requirements.
- Communicate with customers, creditors, taxing authorities, attorneys and officers of the court.
- Maintain a tracking system and provide details supporting actions taken in the event of escalations
- AA, BA/BS degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years experience in lien, levy or garnishment processing, with a focus on process optimization.
- The ability to work with other teams and external partners on tool improvements.
- The ability to remain highly organized when faced with contending priorities.
- The ability to communicate effectively with outside entities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge in Google Suite and Apple computers.
- You consistently go above and beyond what is expected.
- A passion for Square and its customers.
- You have experience with garnishments, either issuing them in a collections context (e.g., paralegal) or processing them on behalf of a bank or other financial services company.
- You have experience or demonstrated understanding in analyzing complex financial instruments.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources