Engineering Manager, Business Platform Engineering
- San Francisco, CA
Square has grown into a platform of product services that help merchants run their business. From the inside, these product services are segmented into business units with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there's a platform organization that supports this plethora of products.
Our entity connectivity and orchestration platform connects data across Square’s ecosystems through APIs. We build our own in-house API as well as leverage new technologies like GraphQL to help product consolidate, view, understand, and act upon everything we know about our different customer types and their behavior across the ecosystem. We are always exploring new technologies, prioritizing scale and maintainability, building reusable, extendable, easy-to-use components and unlocking a critical business advantage of Square by providing this connectivity.
• Work with our internal users and engineering teams to build platforms that solve our business problems and improve efficiency across the company.
• Build a world-class team by hiring remarkable talent, coaching and developing your team, fostering engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to maintain a high bar
• Balance meeting the rapidly growing needs of present-day customer groups as well as explore and introduce new technologies to help Square scale.
• Launch iteratively and improve over time
• Oversee the success of your team's product and achieve quantifiable results on time
• Lead the team to build systems, services, and product features across multiple platforms that have immediate impact on customers
• 8+ years of relevant industry experience, 2+ years of direct management experience
• A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
• You must enjoy working with people to write and ship production software
• An execution-focused and outcome-driven mindset
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with different cross-functional teams and partners
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources