Product Manager, Payment SDKs
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
We are looking for a product manager for our Payment Platform — a cornerstone of the Square platform and the products built on top of it. Last year, our platform processed more than $100Bn in payments volume across all Square products. Our team builds the composable building blocks for Square and 3rd-party developers to build remarkable payment experiences for sellers and buyers.
As a product manager for Payment Platform, you will lead the vision, strategy, priorities, and roadmap of the Payment SDKs, and will partner with the engineering managers of your sprint teams to drive execution. In this role you will champion the voice of our sellers and developers to deliver a reliable, scalable, and secure platform that allows Square and 3rd-party developers to innovate on behalf of our sellers.
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation to planning to execution
- Focus the team on the most impactful projects by understanding the jobs to be done, synthesizing those needs into your product roadmap, and defining key metrics
- Ensure your cross-functional team has a strong understanding and empathy with the sellers and developers building with Square.
- Collaborate with engineers, product marketers, analysts, designers, and writers to build the product experience and own the success of your product
- Communicate progress on initiatives to stakeholders, partners and internal teams
- Align for large cross-team projects by driving your team's annual planning process
- Ensure the health of your product by balancing new features with maintenance and technical debt
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer is desirable
- Demonstrated success launching and scaling platform products with public APIs, SDKs, or toolkits and maintaining them across multiple versions
- Desire to lead, the ability to drive product strategy and work well with senior engineers and designers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer or engaging a cross-functional audience
- Natural curiosity, obsession with the details, desire to build the right thing
- System thinking mindset, technical background and passion for new technology and great developer experiences
- Familiarity with web browser and native mobile application technologies and development processes
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Strong track record of execution
- Deep understanding and empathy for our sellers and the developers who serve them
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources