Software Engineer (Fullstack), Square Capital
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $9 billion to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
As a software engineer on the Capital Pre-origination Team, you will help us expand access to Capital for US sellers. You will be responsible for designing, building and owning beautiful web applications, sophisticated financial systems, and highly available services. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Help lead major efforts to expand access to Capital for our US sellers
- Work with engineering, product, and other partners to build software that is clean, well-tested and forward-thinking by leveraging cloud technologies
- Oversee the entirety of your features, including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out
- Work with designers, product managers, data scientists, and other developers to understand our problem space and create elegant solutions
- Mentor junior developers in developing their code and careers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions
- A proven track record of executing complex, medium-to-large feature releases that span multiple months
- Interest in working in a customer-focused environment
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources