Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), New Product, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $9 billion of business loans to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
Now, Square Capital is building a new suite of financial products for our sellers. You will join a launching team to build an unreleased product that is expected to ship in Q2 2021. The new product will redefine the future of financial services for small businesses on Square.
As a fullstack engineer on this team, you’ll be at the forefront of shaping our customer experiences from zero to one. You will work closely with people across engineering, product, and design to build customer experiences that are modern, clear, innovative and beautiful. In addition to contributing to product experiences, you will be trained to build reliable and scalable fin-tech systems that are both challenging and fun.
- Work on products that are visible and directly impact to our customers.
- Work closely with product management, design and other internal teams to understand customer’s needs and improve their experience.
- Oversee the entirety of your features, including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out.
- Define and develop clear and secure APIs that integrate multiple web/app clients with servers.
- Build well-designed, reliable and scalable fin-tech systems
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Interest in building customer facing software projects.
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners.
- Knowledge of, and experience with modern web service architecture and frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django)
- Knowledge of software engineering design fundamentals and code organization.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources