Senior Software Engineer (Access), Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The Access team is responsible for all things authentication and authorization at Cash. We ensure that our millions of customers can access Cash App safely and reliably while minimizing barriers to entry to the financial system.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Access team you will:
- Design, build, and operate the APIs and services that power Cash authentication and authorization
- Evolve our architecture to scale with growth in customers and developers
- Work across large monolith codebases and microservices
- Challenge core assumptions of our domain model to support expansion into new use cases and markets
- Collaborate with engineers inside and outside the team and with product, design, operations disciplines to develop new, high-impact experiences
- Mentor, lead, and support your colleagues to help grow the team
- Build incrementally, test everything, and deploy daily
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- 6+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- Growth mindset and a healthy comfort with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and customer empathy
- Experience with or interest in product security
- Experience working in large codebases and breaking apart monoliths
- Experience working in a distributed team
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.