Compliance Governance Program Manager - Third Parties
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
You will support Square's Partner Risk and Compliance function and report to the Partner Risk and Compliance Lead. Partner Risk and Compliance oversees compliance programs and relationships with payment network partners, acquiring partners, and other third parties. You will work with your Lead to build the payment network compliance program and third-party compliance program. To do so, you will work with teams in product management, payment operations, and counsel to ensure that we meet our obligations regarding payment network and acquiring partner rules and terms of service. You will also work with partners in our vendor management program to ensure that we are taking the appropriate steps to understand and reduce compliance risk when working with third parties around the world.
- Oversee our ongoing payment network and acquiring partner compliance program.
- Develop a program for compliance's review of third-party relationships.
- Manage projects that span several departments, partners, and international regions.
- Coordinate your activities with the other functions in Compliance Governance and our broader Compliance organization.
- Research relevant laws, regulations, and payment network rules and work with Compliance Governance, Product Compliance Managers, Legal, and Payment Operations to provide guidance and interpretation.
- Develop relationships with contacts at payment networks and acquiring partners.
- Communicate complex legal and regulatory concepts in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Provide advice for designing policies, programs, procedures, and other controls.
- Contribute to special projects which improve our compliance program.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Bachelor's Degree) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in financial services or payments compliance risk management
- Expertise in the following subject-matter areas: payment network rules (e.g. Visa, MasterCard), merchant acquiring, brand risk management, or vendor risk management
- Experience developing compliance risk management programs
- Project management experience
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with business leads, external partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent programs
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFE, PMP)
- Experience with international payments compliance
- Expertise in more than one of the subject-matter areas listed above
- Familiarity with data analytics and visualization platforms (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources