Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Kubernetes
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square's Information Security culture is focused on allowing our engineering teams to build secure products. We achieve this by building, and deploying state-of-the-art security alongside our product and infrastructure teams.
As a Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Kubernetes, you will harden Square's Kubernetes environments. Square is in the early days of migrating existing on-prem services to the cloud. Your work will shape the way we use Kubernetes for years to come.
We're looking for someone with both a broad knowledge of security and systems, and a deep knowledge of containers and Kubernetes. Real-world production Kubernetes experience is a must-have for this job. You will have other experience across a range of technical disciplines and may have had past jobs such as Information Security (Hardening, Detection/Response, Blue Team) and systems (SRE, SysAdmin, Network Engineer).
- Develop the security components of Kubernetes in multiple environments (AWS EKS, GCP GKE, possibly on-prem).
- Build security automation for cloud environments.
- Work with the infrastructure and product teams who are moving to the cloud, and ensure that they have secure-by-default systems.
- 5+ years total experience in tech.
- You work well across teams and with audiences who may not have a security background.
- Kubernetes experience
- At least 1 year of Kubernetes experience. This work experience should be at least 75% of your time focused on Kubernetes., including work securing production resources.
- Experience implementing Kubernetes security and hardening.
- Experience with at least one: AWS EKS or GCP GKE.
- Security experience
- At least 2 years experience working in security.
- Expertise in cloud automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- Experience writing code to solve security issues. This could be writing security tools, or automation/management of security-sensitive environments.
- Experience securing Linux systems - hardening, logging/detection, general systems design. Emphasis on container security.
- Networking knowledge, including network security and segmentation.
- Experience in Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience in both AWS and GCP.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources