Sales Development Representative
- Melbourne, Australia
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline their business. Square’s powerful ecosystem of tools includes everything from accepting card payments and invoicing to e-commerce, data reporting, loyalty programs and managing inventory, locations or customers.
Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in innovation, rated in the top 10 of Fast Company’s 2019 World’s Most Innovative Companies list. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK, Ireland and Australia.
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for a Sales Development Representative. A newly created role in the Australian team, the SDR will be a brand ambassador for Square Australia, identifying and qualifying prospective inbound sellers while promoting the value of Square for their business. You will use insights and product knowledge to educate and support customers, understanding how Square’s ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships for Square, and will report to the Head of Sales.
- Respond to marketing-driven inbound leads received by word of mouth, email, phone and social media
- Quickly determine which customers are good product fits for Square
- Prioritise your pipeline for maximum efficiency daily
- Understand complex enterprise requirements and help craft custom solutions
- Gain experience working with Square Sales, Marketing and Partnership teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Qualify inbound leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the local Victorian and national Australian markets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the Australian Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience, and learn and maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your sales development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- A desire to further develop your career in sales
- A passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Some experience in a qualifying or prospecting role with the ability to conduct outbound multi-channel outreach
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources