Software Engineer (Frontend), Appointments Point of Sale
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square Appointments is a completely integrated scheduling and payments platform, helping service professionals manage their Appointment-based business. We are developing mission critical software for our merchants, which includes calendering and online booking, automated reminders, and a full point of sale. Square Appointments is the backbone of their operation, and our merchants spend several hours using our product, almost every day of the month!
We’re seeking a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about building applications to help our merchants simplify their business processes and day to day work. You will build the front-end features to create world-class experiences for our merchants and their customers.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build world-class product experiences.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Have the option to be involved in the product development life cycle right from user interviews, design sprints, & problem alignment in close collaboration with designers.
- Drive the architecture of our frontend systems to enable quick and stable feature development.
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering and ethics that enables Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data.
- Innate curiosity and desire to build products that merchants depend on.
- Desire to solve hard and engaging engineering problems.
- An understanding how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions from that knowledge.
- 3+ years professional experience.
Languages and technologies we use:
- Testing frameworks like (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources