Manager, Business Development Representatives
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for a passionate manager to develop and manage our Business Development Representative (BDR) team. Your main focus will be ensuring your team is delivering a repeatable and profitable pipeline and developing the future of Sales at Square. These two goals are crucial in scaling the sales organization and providing a predictable revenue and profit stream. You will measure BDR performance by profit pipeline sourced and closed, monitor and coach daily activity inputs such as calls and emails, and work with Sales leadership to ensure upmarket profitable BDR opportunities are closing. Your entrepreneurship will be a valuable contribution to developing Square’s sales strategy, increasing the size and influence of the team and establishing a culture of crisp execution. You will report directly to our Head of Sales Development.
- Manage a growing team of BDRs
- Provide daily coaching and professional development, including weekly 1:1 meetings, weekly shadow sessions, and routine co-selling Understand the nuances between our ideal customer profile segments
- Continue to grow the team through recruiting, onboarding, and training new BDRs
- Promote strategic projects across BDR to increase profit contribution
- Improve the BDR program locally across all our KPIs and deliver ROI
- Track and communicate weekly goals to team to promote performance weekly
- Become an essential part of Sales Leadership at Square
- 2+ years of experience in a sales closing role or 1+ years of experience managing a sales development or sales team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience problem-solving and trying new ideas and concepts
- Undeniable passion for Square & Square Sales specifically
- Ability, knowledge, and hunger to step in as player-coach daily that includes tactical management of reps, outbound calls and shadows, and knowledge in SFDC operations
- Background of hiring, training, and enabling reps for success
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources