Sales Business Process Specialist
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square. We are looking for a Business Process Specialist who is passionate about, and versed in sales processes, day-to-day operations, tools, and infrastructure.
The Sales Strategy, Operations, and Productivity (SOPS) team owns the functional work streams that amplify the success of our salespeople. Our team's skills range across strategic planning, program management, analytics, process excellence, and systems optimization. We are looking for a Business Process Specialist who is passionate about, and versed in sales processes, daily operations, tools, and infrastructure. As a Business Process Specialist, you will be responsible for our important foundational & process work, serving as our first line of defense & help us build, test, and launch best-in class projects. You will work across the Sales organization, partnering with leadership and reps, to address any bugs or outages and contribute to our most important foundational projects. You will support operational excellence for our sales infrastructure and tools, growing and scaling the Sales organization.
- Respond to internal requests for sales tools & process bugs, and will manage the implementation, testing, and communication needed to fix.
- Be the first line of defense to our partners for questions about our processes and workflows
- Perform implementation tasks associated with building new processes and workflows.
- Run stakeholder user-acceptance testing and QA before launching new major workflow changes.
- Evaluate new tools by researching compatibility with existing sales infrastructure & owning implementation & testing
- Partner across the SOPS organization to identify optimization and efficiency opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required: major in analytical or technical field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience: sales operations or supporting business operations
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, often with competing resources.
- Administrative experience with Salesforce.com and related sales tools
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker/Tableau)
- Understand SQL: you can write basic queries without support from others.
- Experience collaborating across cross-functional teams including Finance, Product, Marketing, Analytics, etc
- Experience with Asana and Jira is not necessary, but a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources