Payments Fraud Operations Lead
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Alternate Location: Chicago, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square, Inc. is looking for a Payments Fraud Risk Operations Lead to join our dynamic risk operations team. You will provide support for the development, and documentation of creative fraud prevention strategies that optimizes the team's ability to detect Fraud. You will also work with Risk Policy, Product/Program Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to evaluate fraud risk on Point of Sale payments. You will oversee system and analytical tool enhancements to maintain productivity and efficiency of risk strategies. Importantly, you will represent the team as a member of Squares high impact -functional teams that support an in-depth understanding of the principles of both account and portfolio level risk management.
- Lead a team of 8-10 specialists in a fast- paced environment including performance management, coaching and driving the vision for the team
- Build team; manage recruiting efforts and partner with Talent Team to bring in top quality candidates to fill role
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent activity
- Develop comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business procedures that balance fraud loss and customer experience.
- Lead root cause analysis to identify opportunities to prevent and mitigate risk within processes and performance.
- Use analytics to improve existing fraud strategies, to reduce false positive rates and increase fraud detection rates.
- Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, create metrics and perform data and portfolio analysis.
- Produce fraud metrics to show the performance of fraud systems for use in management reporting.
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies, products and strategies and take actions to avoid latest fraud risks with guidance from managers.
- Build relationships with Sales, Support, Product and Dispute teams to gain support of risk management.
- Recommend enhancements and process improvements based on assessment of fraud systems.
- Develop trending reports and indicators to serve as early warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Work with internal partners across the company to effect change and promote awareness of fraud mitigation while focusing on improving experiences for legitimate Sellers who go through a risk evaluation
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years risk management experience with traditional and alternative payment methods.
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Extensive knowledge in card present, card-not-present, card testing and Ecom fraud schemes and their prevention methods
- Develop performance metrics and work on coaching opportunities
- Experience with the online payments landscape across all participants issuer, merchant, acquirer and network.
- Preferred Certifications: CFE
- Preferred proficiency: SQL, Looker, Snowflake, and Google sheets
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources