Finance & Strategy Senior Manager - TIDAL
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square, Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority ownership stake in TIDAL, the global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive events. We expect to close the transaction in the second quarter of 2021. We're excited to see what we can build together!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, reporting to our Head of Finance & Strategy for TIDAL, who will work as a founding member of TIDAL's Finance & Strategy team. Finance & Strategy team members have an intimate understanding of the business. We gain this by using analytical tools to evaluate customer and financial trends, answer questions with data-driven insights, and communicate relevant recommendations. You will play an important part in TIDAL's success by working directly with business and finance leaders, driving financial planning and business forecasting, and developing strategic analysis around key business initiatives.
This position can sit in any of Square's US office locations and is eligible for full-time work from home/remote from anywhere in the continental United States.
- Forecast and analyze financial performance, communicating important takeaways to TIDAL and Square leadership, Square's Board of Directors, and Investor Relations team; identify risks and opportunities associated with financial performance
- Build financial analysis to size potential growth opportunities for TIDAL and impact on revenue and margins
- Lead strategic projects, including pricing, new market analysis, new business model development and competitor benchmarking
- Regularly partner across functions and teams to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g. investment banking, private equity, investments, strategic finance, corporate finance)
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (you should be prepared for a case study)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Consistent track record of success and career progression
- Basic understanding of the payments industry and a commitment to Square's mission
- Experience in music, entertainment, and/or cryptocurrencies
- Experience with SQL and Hyperion is a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources