Business Systems Technical Program Manager
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader, but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Senior Program Manager for Square's IT Business Applications works with technology teams and business leaders to create a project management strategy that aligns with our goals and priorities. You will manage project and program management services across the enterprise and will be responsible for developing a robust and flexible project and program methodology for use throughout the organization. This role also reports to the BizTech Central PMO organization and oversees the reporting and alignment to the PMO function, governance and methodologies.
- Manage a portfolio of program management services (program analysis and program execution and program delivery) for the enterprise focused on IT Business Applications.
- Establish and own large, impactful programs.
- Manage these without guidance, exercising to escalate problems with broader scope / impact.
- Implement and improve frameworks and processes that yield measurable positive results.
- Manage program budget and cost, resource allocation, and reallocations.
- Contribute to larger BizTech PMO Department: Implement and improve the PMO assets - reusable frameworks, components that help BizTech organization standardise the way we deliver programs.
- Prioritize programs and projects based on changing needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
- Manage complex IT programs & projects with regard to scope, schedule, resources and budget.
- Determine project scope, goals and deliverables that support goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Manage vendors paying close attention to SOW terms, burn rates, budgets and change orders.
- Determine need for additional staff and consultants.
- Manage project dependencies and planning.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- 10+ years of program, or portfolio management experience
- Experience leading application programs in CRM, Salesforce, CPQ areas. Experience running HR IT (Workday, SaAS applications etc) Projects is a plus.
- Experience leading integrated teams from different organizations across multiple sites.
- Promote creative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change.
- Build a collaborative working relationship with multiple partners.
- Competent in project management, governance formulation, and team management.
- Working knowledge of risk management and policies formulation.
- Expert in financial management and organizational change management.
- Experience in project/portfolio resource reporting, prioritization, and budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Smartsheets
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources