Finance & Strategy Director - Corporate Finance & Strategy
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are looking for an experienced Finance & Strategy Director, reporting to our Head of Corporate Finance, who will work as a member of Square's Finance & Strategy team, helping lead efforts to support our Foundational teams and set our corporate strategy. The Foundational teams at Square are shared service groups that support and partner with all of Square's business units. This individual will play an integral part in Square's success by working directly with Square's business and finance leaders, driving financial planning and business forecasting, and analysis around key initiatives and growth opportunities.
This position can be based in any Square office in the United States or be 100% remote from any location in the contintental United States
- Manage long-term strategic resource allocation and investment into Foundational teams, to support product roadmaps across all departments.
- Guide the Annual Plan and Long Range Forecast process for all Foundational teams.
- Become an advisor to many key executives and support the strategic decisions related to M&A activity, real estate, tax, corporate entity structure, infrastructure planning, employee benefits, capital markets, amongst others.
- Be an analytical thinker with the ability to identify strategic topics, synthesize complex ideas into clear frameworks, and use analysis to drive strategic priorities.
- Monitor industry trends with the curiosity to understand and communicate any potential implications on our business.
- Communicate financial analysis and recommendations across the organization including to Square's board and management team.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g. financial planning & analysis, strategic finance, corporate finance, corporate strategy)
- Experience leading teams
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling
- Experience with the payments industry and a commitment to Square's mission
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources