Software Engineering Lead, UK, Cash App
- Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for a talented, entrepreneurial Engineering Lead with strong product know-how to establish Cash App as the clear leading FinTech app in the UK. This role is based in Dublin and reports directly to the Head of Global Engineering (based in Melbourne, Australia).
You will be responsible for:
- Product: Defining and executing the product roadmap (what we launch, when we launch it).
- Engineering: Building or adapting systems to ensure the execution of the product roadmap.
- Team Building: Building and scaling an engineering team across Europe to meet the needs of the product roadmap.
You must excel at all three aspects to succeed. You will work with the UK General Manager and foundational teams (Compliance, Regulatory, Tax, and Customer Support) to accomplish this goal. Together, this team will enhance our products in the US, and launch and grow them in the UK.
- Partner with the General Manager for the UK, designers, engineers, and business leads to establish your team's vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers' needs.
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers.
- Build an outstanding team by hiring exceptional candidates and coaching engineers, promoting engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to constantly improve.
- Lead critical technical, design, product and partnership discussions with leaders across the company.
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, and urgency in the team.
- Manage the success of Cash App business in the UK.
We value Engineering Managers/Leads who:
- Lead with a people-first leadership approach, can encourage a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints.
- Have 10+ years experience working with product engineering teams and 5+ years experience leading teams of engineers, in remote and distributed teams.
- Are able to build strong relationships with internal and external counter-parts, including compliance, legal, operations and customer support.
- Excel at building outstanding engineering teams that are functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Have knowledge of consumer finance products (this is not essential, but is highly desirable).
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Guice, Arrow
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.
Perks At Square: We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources.