Senior Machine Learning Manager (Recommendations & Incentives), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 36 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for an experienced leader to run and build our Recommendations & Incentives Machine Learning (ML) team. This team oversees all of our machine learning efforts that optimize customer acquisition, product recommendations, engagement, retention, personalization, and more.
You will be a part of the broader Machine Learning team and will report directly to the head of Cash App’s ML organization. You will partner with product and platform teams to build machine learning models and recommendation engines that power the customer experience. You will also work with the members of your team to identify new and large opportunities that shape the Cash's growth strategies and roadmap.
- Lead and mentor the current team as well as recruit top-tier talent
- Provide coaching that ensures your team’s success, providing hands-on technical guidance and direction in critical areas as needed
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Platform, and Data Science/Engineering teams
- Identify new opportunities for machine learning within the product, develop prototypes, and achieve buy-in from partners
- Communicate your team's work with senior leadership and the executive team on a regular basis
- Stay up-to-date with the latest techniques in ML and foster a culture of learning within the organization
- Experience building and leading teams of 5-10+ with extensive technical experience and 3+ years as a direct people manager
- Expertise in applying machine learning to solve complex business problems in a production setting - ideally related to recommender systems and/or ads engines
- Knowledge of a range of machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Software engineering fundamentals and the ability to write production code when needed (your interview process is going to include pairing sessions)
- An appreciation for concepts such as causality, selection bias, incrementality, hypothesis testing, etc.
- A passion for Cash App's mission of economic empowerment
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.