Creative Software Developer, Capital
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio/work samples***
As a Creative Software Developer for the Capital team, you'll be a member of a creative team specialized in creating digital experiences within marketing and product. You'll bring technology to the creative process, being a bridge between Design, Engineering, and other teams. You're known for your fine-tuned aesthetic, insights on current trends, and passion for telling stories through digital media. The front-end interactions you bring to life will create remarkable experiences for our sellers.
You are known for being versatile and can simplify technical projects to work with non-technical teams. You are well versed in building interactive projects using a mix of development tools and motion design principles, and can select the best platform for the task. Thriving on exploration and experimentation, you are at the heart of co-creating ideas and bringing them to life, advocating for front-end standards while maintaining the aesthetic of the brand. You have skills that complement your application of technology including: a precise eye for intelligent UX, great design and good foundations in strategy.
As a Creative Software Developer you will:
- Work collaboratively and independently on projects from planning, ideation and design through implementation
- Expand on concepts and solve visual and technical problems, with thoughtful contribution in creative reviews
- Partner with colleagues across Creative, Design, Digital Production, Product, and Engineering
- Build the digital aspects of creative campaigns including micro-sites, landing pages, and interactive projects that communicate marketing plans
- Animate prototypes, mock ups, and early stage visualizations
- Present ideas or prototypes to mixed client marketing / technical audiences
- Work creatively around perceived challenges imposed by the platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- Build tools and applications that support the Design & Creative team
- Establish core creative and engineering standards and help promote standards across all mediums
- Advocate for technology and choosing the right tool for the job
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, and 4 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of web standards, browser performance, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and best practices
- Portfolio that displays advanced visual design skill, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, and imagery across video, web and other technologies
- Proficiency of modern design tools (Figma, Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, etc)
- Passion for digital marketing, advertising, and understanding metrics
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources