Copywriting Lead, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We’re expanding our writing function within our design & creative team, and we’re looking for a senior copywriter to manage and grow a team of copywriters. The Copywriting Lead reports into our Head of Writing and is responsible for the copywriting discipline overall. The copywriting team works across brand/marketing and product, and the Copywriting Lead will help craft our voice and tone framework and ensure consistency across all channels.
As the Copywriting Lead, you’ll:
- Hire and manage a team of copywriters, develop their careers, review work, and manage performance
- Work with other writing leads to create and launch our style guide
- Ensure consistency of our voice and develop a strong point of view on how the brand voice should adapt for the product
- Be hands-on, working alongside creative/art directors, designers, growth marketing managers, brand marketers, and product managers on high-priority initiatives for multiple verticals like banking and investing
- Pitch and iterate on your ideas, contribute to the creative vision, and demonstrate how copy can enhance art
- Lead copywriting from concept to execution for campaigns, narratives, brand partnerships, and more
- Craft compelling copy for headlines, scripts, launch messaging, landing pages, social, ads, in-app promotions, and eventually longform
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations
- 10+ years experience as a copywriter for an agency or in-house creative team
- 4+ years experience managing and directing copywriters
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and passion for the craft
- Attention to detail, strategic and conceptual thinking, plus creativity and instincts for storytelling
- Experience building successful partnerships with creative/art directors, designers, and marketing leads
- The ability to work pretty independently on multiple projects with deadlines
- A portfolio that showcases copywriting (headlines, scripts, longform, etc.) and concepting across multiple channels
For consideration, please provide your portfolio and/or work samples.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.