Senior Voice Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: St. Louis, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
As a team, we are the direct link to the voice of our customer. When our customers need help they are usually in the midst of managing a small business and they don't want to wait for answers. In an ideal world, we know exactly who our customers are and what they need the moment they contact us. Using information from previous interactions and current product usage, we're able to quickly direct them to the information they need to resolve issues or realize opportunities.
Our voice capabilities take advantage of a global presence, ensuring local 24x7 voice support across time zones. The reliability and quality of services are driven by the scalability and efficiency of our platforms and partners. On this team, you will work on technologies to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with Square.
- Build a voice platform for Square to have productive and personal interactions with our customers.
- Lead architecture and development of phone and voice solutions for platforms and teams across the enterprise.
- Provide technical leadership on different CCaaS voice platforms
- Participate in an on-call rotation for any issues related to production support.
- 3+ years of customer-facing Technical Project Leadership Background in Contact Center Technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing call routing with dynamic messaging
- Programming skills in Node.js, Python, or Java.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and with Github / bitbucket for source / version control.
- Working knowledge of WebRTC and SIP.
- SQL query writing and data analysis.
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon Connect, AWS Lambda, AWS Dynamo, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lex (Voice / Chat Bots), AWS S3, Amazon Connect Streams.
- Terraform / Cloud formation
- Github / Snowflake
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources