HR Business Partner, APAC
- Melbourne, Australia
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Our HRBP will support employees and management in Square's Australia, Japan & China markets. You will work with managers to provide hands-on input, insight, and advice concerning employee relations, HR programs, conflict management, organizational development, compensation, training, and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Be the first point of contact for employees and managers (leads) in the APAC markets for HR guidance
- Provide coaching to leads and employees for things such as: policy and procedure interpretation, employee engagement, conflict resolution, people process training, employee relations, performance management, career development, talent assessment, workplace investigations, and more
- Work with managers in the market to support compensation planning.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are identified, reported, investigated, and resolved - including working with the appropriate HRBP and/or Employee Relations Partner.
- Partner with Global HRBPs to help develop and deliver unique and team-specific people solutions to teams in each market.
- Work with managers to create action plans from our internal employee survey. Help review data with leads and HRBPs, facilitate action planning and follow up as needed.
- Participate in talent reviews and help identify and develop talent throughout the organization
- Support and monitor performance management processes (annual/mid year review process) to identify areas for improvement and use findings to recommend improvements in the efficiency of processes & systems.
- Help with other special HR projects as needed.
- Frequent international and domestic travel is required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 or more years of HR Generalist / HRBP experience, including working knowledge of regional employment laws and best practices (specifically in Australia, Japan and China
- A history of partnership alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources