Machine Learning Engineering Manager (Risk), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 36 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Keeping our customers safe and secure is central to Cash's vision of economic empowerment. The Risk ML team builds models that identify and prevent fraud and we're looking for a Machine Learning Engineering Manager to join us. You will report to the Senior Manager of our Risk ML team and take on a group of 5+ ML Modelers. You'll partner with our Engineering, Product, and Data Science teams to brainstorm new projects and provide value to our customers. You’ll be responsible for high visibility metrics and present on initiatives to a broad set of stakeholders. You will also work with the members of your team to identify new and large opportunities to shape the Risk roadmap.
- Recruit, lead, and mentor a high-performing team
- Provide coaching to your team that ensures their success, providing hands-on technical guidance and direction in critical areas
- Identify new opportunities, develop prototypes, gather support from partners, and communicate staffing needs
- Communicate your team's work with senior leadership and the executive team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest techniques in ML and foster a culture of learning
- Help shape Cash App's ML and Risk/Fraud/Product Health strategies
- Experience leading teams both technically and in a formal management capacity - we're looking for 1+ year as a formal people manager
- Expertise in applying machine learning models to solve complex problems in a production setting
- Deep knowledge of and experience with a range of machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Software engineering fundamentals and the ability to create production code when needed (heads up, the interview process is going to include pairing sessions)
- Familiarity with the Risk, Fraud, Product Health or Anti-Abuse spaces
- Passion for Cash App's mission of economic empowerment
Some technologies we use and teach:
- Python (and its machine learning and data analysis libraries/frameworks)
- SQL (Snowflake), Airflow and Tableau
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.