Senior Compensation Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is looking for an experienced Compensation Analyst to support its growing population and work with HR, Talent Acquisition, Finance, and leadership to ensure our compensation programs are operating effectively. You will work at strategic levels to develop and execute creative solutions, ensuring that compensation is aligned with talent, competitive, and simple.
- Develop and ensure the success of Square's compensation programs in partnership with HR business partners and business leaders
- Plan and communicate compensation structures and programs to recruiters, HR partners, and business leaders to help answer questions and help evaluate job levels and other general comp inquiries
- Promote an understanding of compensation philosophies, practices and administration across all levels of the organization, including the executive team.
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast and analyze compensation outcomes
- Partner with compensation team members on the compensation benchmarking and market research process; evaluate and perform analysis on pay market positioning, salary structures, and pay mixes to ensure market competitiveness to support overall compensation strategy
- Participate in the development, management, and execution of compensation programs such as annual reviews and promotions
- Develop compensation materials and trainings to illustrate and communicate compensation related information
- 5+ years of experience in compensation, consulting, or related field in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- A strong background in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or Economics is preferred
- The ability to present complex models in a simple and clear manner
- Experience leading presentations to executive teams and company-wide audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, sales compensation, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay
- Experience building compensation systems, managing projects, and scaling processes with company growth
- Strong analytical and Excel/Google Sheets skills are required to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable models and reports; ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources