Crypto Server Lead, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Senior Organizational Leader who loves building products, organizations and high performing teams, while keeping engineering culture at top of mind. You will manage all aspects of Cash App's crypto products and strategy, including leading and growing the engineering teams (product and platform) working on our crypto products, and will report directly to the Head of Global Engineering (based in Melbourne, Australia).
The existing Cash App crypto teams manage our Cold Storage, Custody, Liquidity & Trading, on-chain deposits and withdrawals, off-chain peer to peer movements, new product development, and international market expansion. Additionally, they have the freedom to make ecosystem improvements as they see fit.
As our teams have grown, we are looking for a Senior Leader to collaborate with other senior leads within Cash App to build an engineering organization focused on building solutions for where the world's financial systems are heading.
If this role resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Partner with senior leaders across Product, Design, Security, Engineering, and Business Operations to drive Product and Engineering strategy for all of Cash App’s Crypto Products by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs.
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers.
- Build an outstanding organization by hiring exceptional talent and developing engineering managers, fostering pragmatic engineering decision-making, and applying your expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Lead critical technical, design, product and partnership discussions with leaders across the company.
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, and urgency in the organization.
We value People who:
- Have 12+ years of industry experience.
- Have recent experience leading multiple teams within a large organisation or managing a small company.
- Enjoy going deep into problems spaces to build strategies from first principles.
- Are comfortable working with ambiguity and shifting regulatory environments.
- An understanding of Bitcoin and the broader crypto ecosystem.
- Understand where the broader consumer finance market is heading with regards to crypto currencies.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.
Perks At Square: We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources.