Principal Copywriter, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We’re expanding our writing function within our design & creative team, and we’re looking for a Principal Copywriter to elevate our brand voice and contribute to creative vision and execution across multiple channels. This role reports into the Head of Writing, but will be dedicated to brand work and partner closely with our Executive Creative Director and Head of Marketing.
As a Principal Copywriter, you’ll:
- Partner with creative leaders on innovative concepts that enhance the Cash App brand, resonate with our audience, and bring value to the business
- Pitch and iterate on your ideas, contribute to the creative vision, and demonstrate how copy can enhance art
- Work alongside creative/art directors, designers, growth marketing managers, brand marketers, and product managers on high-priority initiatives across multiple verticals like banking and investing
- Lead copywriting from concept to execution for campaigns, narratives, brand partnerships, and more
- Craft compelling copy for headlines, scripts, launch messaging, landing pages, social, ads, in-app promotions, and eventually longform
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations
- Set standards for the brand voice across formats and review the work of other copywriters to ensure consistency
- Work with both product and brand writers to build out and maintain our voice and tone style guide
- 10+ years experience as a copywriter for an agency or in-house creative team
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and passion for the craft
- Attention to detail, strategic and conceptual thinking, plus creativity and instincts for storytelling
- Experience building successful partnerships with creative/art directors, designers, and marketing leads
- The ability to work pretty independently on multiple projects with deadlines
- A portfolio that showcases copywriting (headlines, scripts, longform, etc.) and concepting across multiple channels
For consideration, please submit your portfolio and/or work samples.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.