Software Engineer (Frontend), Square Capital
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square’s rapidly growing lending platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $9 billion to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
As a frontend software engineer on the Markets Engineering Team within Square Capital, you will develop the services and interfaces that power our Markets platform. Our Markets platform is responsible for servicing the needs of our Investors as well as the internal teams who support those investors. If you have a passion for the intersection between finance and technology and a dedication to precision and detail in software design and development, we want to work with you!
- Oversee the entirety of your features, including user experience, system design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out
- Orchestrate the timely, secure, and accurate movement of millions of dollars per day to and from our investors
- Build systems that generate reports and analytics that operate over massive amounts of sensitive data, while maintaining high performance and absolute accuracy
- Develop detective controls to discover and fix irregularities in our systems
- Work closely with engineerings and Capital Markets team to build software that is clean and forward-thinking
- Level up the skills of engineers and cross-functional partners in order to improve engineering quality and increase team effectiveness
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- A passion for building products that are beautiful inside and out – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design
- Interest in modeling complex domains and building resilient systems to support real world applications at scale
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective communication and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources