Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), Customer Directory Product
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
The Customer Engagement team's mission is to help Sellers grow their businesses by giving them the tools to know, support, engage, and acquire their customers. Our product suite includes Customer Directory - an omnichannel CRM platform, Square Marketing (e.g. email, social, advertising), Feedback / Direct Messaging, Digital Receipts, Loyalty, Gift Cards and Coupons. You'll report to the engineering lead and work on full stack engineering to help build the next generation of Product & Platform solutions that help our Buyers to centrally manage their data with Square in a privacy centric way and Sellers to conveniently manage their business by using our network of Buyers to provide a remarkable and delightful experiences to their customers.
- Develop features for Square Sellers to better understand and personalize experiences of their customers.
- Develop features for Square Buyers to help them enhance their online or offline shopping experience at Square Sellers and manage their data with Square.
- Foster innovation in building elegant user-facing mobile and web experiences for products serving millions of sellers and buyers.
- Manage end-to-end development process including design, implementation, automated testing and rollout for our frontend systems to promote faster and stable feature development.
- Work with other senior engineers and make engineering recommendations with a long-term mindset.
- Take a principled approach for architecting solutions by communicating the cost-benefit of a given solution and advocating for the best path forward.
- Work cross-team to build features and integrate with other products ex. Appointments, Orders, Square Online.
- Develop RPC-based microservices for our 1st party internal developers and REST APIs for our 3rd party developer facing API platform solutions.
- Design available and scalable services to manage our expanding data set.
- Implement asynchronous task workflow systems & data synchronization pipelines.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- At least 3 years of recent full stack experience and comfortable switching gears between frontend / backend as situations arise.
- Experience delivering consumer-facing products / features from definition to delivery.
- Experience designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems and REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Great technical knowledge for defining data models, interfaces and workflows.
- Passion for applying, and to architect remarkable solutions for end-users.
- Excel in a collaborative environment involving partners and experts.
- Experience with event driven async pipelines/message queues and data synchronization.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Frameworks: JS Client - Ember, React, Services - gRPC / JAX-RS REST
- Databases: MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, BigQuery
- Infrastructure: Hybrid - Private DC / AWS / Google Cloud, SignalFX, DataDog, Snowflake
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources