Senior Software Engineer - New Product, Cash App
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are open to hiring in multiple locations within North America.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As a Senior Network Product engineer, you'll connect our users with powerful new product experiences that make Cash App more personal, authentic, and accessible. Our Network Product team is all about finding new ways to pay and get paid and the contributions you make on this team will help millions of people. The Cash Network Product team is led by Austin (who you'll report to) and this is a chance to work with us as a founding member of this team. We're very open to have team members work remotely for this position.
- Scope and develop interesting, new products
- Design APIs and data models to work within a micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Scale systems to a growing customer base
- Participate in all parts of product development, working with non-Engineering related disciplines (Product and Design) and adjacent Engineering teams (Mobile, Platform, Machine Learning, and Data Science)
- 8 or more years of software development or equivalent experience
- Well-developed curiosity
- Taken technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Worked on products that are widely used and find it rewarding to build for consumers
- A vested interest in advancing Cash App's vision of building for economic empowerment
Technologies we teach and use:
- Java and Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, and Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.