Head of Finance Technology
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
As the Head of Finance Technology, your mission is to empower your partners within the Finance organization through the delivery of systems that will stand the test of time, you will provide leadership in platform development and drive support for our vision with our partners. This is an important role in the company. You will balance strategic vision, and approach problems from a data and systems-design perspective. You will work with a variety of finance partners to understand their current workflows, identify gaps and goals, develop requirements, prioritize projects and lead product road maps, from conception through launch to ongoing development and operational oversight.
You are energized by unique, complex technical challenges and the opportunity to partner closely with business and technical teams to give the foundational systems critical to supporting Squares growth. You will be a leader who grows a team that can scale quickly and efficiently, and who conveys the credibility to accomplish our goals.
- Lead a multi-year Finance transformation program from the technology side.
- Inspire creativity and establish new approaches to improving productivity.
- Determine product strategy for streamlining and automating processes.
- Work with your partners across Finance & Accounting to understand gaps and pain points and identify potential opportunities in important processes.
- Be knowledgeable about operating in a strictly regulated finance environment, responsible for maintaining compliance on all systems and related finance data assets
- Translate strategic finance leadership goals into an overall finance technology vision and sponsor that vision across teams at Square
- Promote the strategy across the company with leadership and team members.
- 15+ years of relevant system architecting experience.
- 5+ years working with Oracle (on premise or cloud).
- Experience managing diverse, global systems functions, spanning from data engineering through application management.
- Experience optimizing workflows and technology integrations.
- Experience partnering with engineering teams.
- A business sense and ability to voice the value of your product to partners.
- Familiarity in creating data-driven structure to an ever growing environment.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources