Software Engineer, Square for Retail
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
Retailers have struggled too long with clunky, outdated and disconnected tools. Even as mammoth Retail and e-commerce forces threaten smaller merchants, we are empowering those merchants with simple solutions to complex problems - like predictive analytics and fluid, omni-channel capabilities to meet customers wherever they are - to always make the sale.
As an Engineer within the Retail Growth team, you'd be responsible for Retail’s growth over the next year. All of our teams have Android, iOS, Frontend, and Server engineers allowing us to design, build, and ship features across our Point of Sale clients on iOS and Android, our seller facing tools on the web, and our backend platforms. This team will be responsible for expanding internationally to support new markets, expanding and building out our onboarding flows, and building new features to ensure we support as many types of businesses as possible, and that our product capably scales from small sellers to larger Retailers. You'll work cross functionally with Product and Design to build features that present elegant UI for complex problems, saving sellers time and reducing anxiety as they strive to succeed in today’s pandemic-accelerated shift to omni-channel selling.
- Build, test, and ship end-to-end features in a large microservice architecture and sophisticated web applications.
- Nimbly develop software across several platforms, frameworks, and programming languages.
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers.
- Embed with partner teams to extend Square's platform for the benefit of retail sellers.
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence.
- Empower our sellers with the tools they need to compete with the biggest retailers.
- Write concise, well-crafted code and tests.
- 2+ years of full-stack development experience, including web applications, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Openness to continuing to grow your breadth and depth.
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and product quality.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Go, Java, and Ruby on Rails
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, and Microservice Architecture
- MySQL and Elasticsearch
- (Mobile) ObjectiveC, Swift, Kotlin
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources