Business Development Representative
- Melbourne, Australia
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline their business. Square’s powerful ecosystem of tools includes everything from accepting card payments and invoicing to e-commerce, data reporting, loyalty programs and managing inventory, locations or customers.
Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in innovation, rated in the top 10 of Fast Company’s 2019 World’s Most Innovative Companies list. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK, Ireland and Australia.
Square is looking for a motivated Business Development professional to join our Australian Sales organisation, reporting to the Head of Sales. From point of sale to eCommerce, there are Square solutions for almost anything. Our eCommerce tools can help merchants sell online and offer curbside pickup or delivery. We help merchants accept all types of payments everywhere they sell - from processing credit and debit cards on their phones, to building custom solutions on our payment platform. Our Point of Sale app helps merchants sell smarter with real-time sales data and intuitive inventory tools, and the ability to customise the app as their businesses grow. Whether merchants want a website, to integrate payments on their existing site, or to work with top eCommerce platforms, Square makes it simple to sell online. Square hardware solutions Reader, Stand and Terminal allow merchants to ring up items quickly in their store and on the go.
As a Business Development Representative, you will identify prospective Square sellers and promote the value of Square in helping them grow their business. You will work with the Australian Sales team to find new large value merchants fitting the Square ecosystem, and with global Square team-mates on wider projects. Often the first line of contact with prospective Australian Square merchants, you will understand and empathise with their diverse needs and focus on how Square could best support them. You will become an expert in the Square product ecosystem, and will document and track qualified opportunities to pass onto our Account Executive team. You will use multi-channel outreach (social media, outreach emails, phone calls) to large value merchants in Australia each day, applying a data-driven approach to outbound sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Research and prospect large value merchants across Australia that may be a good fit for Square, and understand how to handle objections you may encounter
- Use multi-channel outreach methods (social media, outreach emails, phone calls) to qualify leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the local Victorian and national Australian markets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the Australian Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience, and learn and maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your business development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- A desire to further develop your career in sales
- A passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Some experience in a qualifying or prospecting role with the ability to conduct outbound multi-channel outreach
- Passion, curiosity, hunger, and perseverance
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources