Android Engineer, Business Banking
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Banking Experience team is at the forefront of Square’s push to provide full-fledged business banking offering to Square sellers. As a member of this full-stack sprint team you will develop cohesive banking features to surface Square's Checking account experience, new Savings account, Square Loans, and (eventually) new lending products.
Business Banking helps Square sellers manage their business finances with products including business debit card, fast transfers, advanced reporting, and cash flow insights. With this suite of products, we ensure that our customers get access to the funds they need when they need them, and that they can always understand and control where their money is going. We partner with platform and infrastructure teams to move billions of dollars each year on behalf of our sellers.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
Leveling & Promotions
Square has a robust program in place to ensure that as an engineer you’re always learning, growing, and increasing your impact within the company – regardless of if you’re a new college graduate, or a senior engineer with 10+ years of experience. If you want to learn more, check out this post on our engineering blog.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources