Product Marketing Manager, Point of Sale
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are hiring a Product Marketing Manager in our Toronto office to accelerate the delivery and growth of Square products in the Canada market. You will affect our business through leading the localization and go-to-market strategy for new product launches. You will use seller feedback, insights, and data analysis to advocate for feature improvements that enhance Square's existing product offering in market. This is an extremely cross-functional role that involves working with our product teams in the US and partnering with local team members to ensure the success of our products in Canada. We are looking for someone who is customer-focused, and excited about helping us better serve the small businesses who use our products.
You will have a understanding of product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging, and have experience being a cross-functional leader.
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Help our US-based product teams engage with the Canadian market and understand the experiences of the small businesses we serve
- Partner and work with Product Management, Design and Engineering to ensure product strategy and feature roadmap support Canada market needs
- Review offerings and promote ongoing product differentiation
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Lead the go-to-market plan, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Develop and implement data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies to promote product growth and retention
- Track marketing program performance and optimize through continuous testing
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years professional experience
- 5+ years working in strategy consulting, product marketing or growth
- Background in B2C marketing with experience delivering growth in consumer tech or SMB tech
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing via email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills; bi-lingual French English a plus
- Comfort in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources