Software Engineer, Risk Manager (Fullstack)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Last year, the pandemic forced the world to explore new ways of conducting business. Square hustled to help our sellers apply for PPP loans, build safety clauses into their contracts, and move their sales from in-person to online.
As businesses pivot, so do the fraudsters and bad actors working to take advantage of them. Our team helps sellers protect their business from fraudulent transactions while still accepting payments from legitimate buyers. We build seamless and intuitive solutions for our sellers, leveraging Square’s systems, machine learning models, and industry expertise to detect and respond to potential fraud threats. Every seller is different, and our job is to equip them with the best information and tools to make the right trade-offs for their business.
See some examples of our work here.
As a Software Engineer on the team you will:
- Split your time between working on the frontend of our seller risk tools and our backend APIs and services
- Build APIs and data models to work within micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Scope and develop great user experiences in both external and internal web applications
- Work cross-functionally with our product, design, analytics, data science, and operations to develop new features and improve existing products
- Flexibility to learn and work across our team’s entire tech stack
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design
- A sense of customer empathy and the desire to influence product direction
- The desire to work collaboratively, whether in person (when safe to do so), over video, or asynchronously through online tools
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources