Tax Manager - International Indirect Tax
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for an International Indirect Tax Manager, reporting to an International Indirect Tax Lead, to join our tax team. You will support all international transaction tax compliance, reporting, audits, planning and integration activities. This position can sit in any Square office in the US or be full-time remote within the continental US.
- Manage the international indirect tax compliance of the group, which includes the management of the different source data, review the workpapers prepared internally or by a third-party provider (e.g. VAT/GST returns, EC Sales list, intrastat), ensure that all activities occur are completed.
- You will work with vendors and build relationships with Square's finance, system, legal and accounting professionals to ensure that the International Indirect Tax returns are based on complete and accurate information.
- Manage the development and the integration of software solutions for international indirect tax automation; Identify and direct the implementation of technology tools and process improvements to reduce low-value work, and increase tax resource productivity/focus on more value-added work. Help spot issues and create efficiencies.
- Manage and review the monthly international indirect tax accruals and reconciliations for important accounts for SOX control purposes.
- You will Manage efficient closing of all international indirect tax audits and tax assessment notices.
- Lead a team of motivated tax professionals; Guide and partner with multiple teams to establish and refine tax policies, processes and system workflows.
- Provide expertise and oversee the implementation of processes as a result of and new business practices or tax legislation
- You will help research VAT legislation, case law and other VAT guidance to support the Tax Lead.
- Lead educational sessions on developments in international VAT legislation and case law.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 7+ years of tax experience working with complex multi-state taxes and industry, focused on international indirect tax
- You have a detailed understanding of common principles of international indirect tax and ability to apply them to the business and detailed exposure to international indirect taxation, country-specific or multi-jurisdictional international indirect tax consulting and international indirect tax compliance
- Experience with project and people management
- Familiarity with e-commerce sales taxation trends and the international tax implications
- Experience reviewing all sides of an argument
- CPA or Master's in Taxation or equivalent.
- Experience in Big 4 accounting firms or law firms
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources