Software Engineer (Front-End) - Ember.js
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
- Write concise code, and sensible tests
- Scaffold integrations with third-party APIs
- Guide the architecture of our front-end systems to ensure quick and stable feature development
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build world-class product experiences.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out.
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks, particularly Ember.js
- Experience in testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Rspec, etc.)
- An understanding of how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions.
- 4+ years of related professional experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources