Hardware Factory Operations: Quality
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Square Hardware team is looking for a full time employee to join the Factory Quality Team. This individual will be responsible for managing factory, process, and product quality requirements and metrics for hardware programs starting from development to mass production.
We are looking for a dedicated Quality Engineer to work with our internal team and external partners to drive robust quality processes throughout the supply chain. You will be responsible for setting up and auditing quality control plans at the factory as well as monitoring production yield/reliability tests on an ongoing basis. You will also work with the cross functional team to understand field performance, conduct root cause analysis, and drive improvement activities in the factories. You will drive quality/manufacturing engineering projects that require technical problem solving and data analysis. This role also works very closely with design engineers throughout the development cycle. The position will report into our Hardware Operations, US Factory Lead.
Role Location: You and your direct team will be distributed across San Francisco, Oakland, and Shenzhen, China. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
- Support factory process quality and compliance requirements by hardware program through NPI and Sustaining phases
- Support field product quality investigations, risk assessment, and data analysis
- Conduct data analyses (yield, IQC, ORT, IPQC, etc..) on production and quality metrics
- Conduct product audits (i.e. CET) to ensure adherence to product specifications
- Review and summarize data reports for cross-functional distribution
- Drive root-cause analysis and process studies in the case of quality excursions
- Help to administer product quality plan amongst cross-functional team and contract manufacturers
- At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or quality management
- Great attention to detail with strong written/verbal communication skills
- An understanding of factory process and good manufacturing practices
- A familiarity with process validation requirements
- A desire to establish good working relationships within Engineering and Operations
- Basic statistical analysis skills
Nice to have:
- PLM system familiarity: Arena, Agile, etc.
- Familiarity with Process FMEA and risk assessment
- Direct factory experience and interest in improving processes for contract manufacturers
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources