Growth Product Marketing Manager, Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Payments Product team is responsible for Square's flagship payments product. Our customers love us because we make it possible for any seller to take card payments easily. Our team loves working on Payments because our product drives awareness of the Square brand, it is Square's first touchpoint with most of our sellers, and our business' economics help fuel the broader Square ecosystem. We are stewards of Square's largest product, and while we have already helped millions of sellers take their first payment with Square, new businesses form every day. These sellers have evolving needs and expectations, and it is our job to understand who they are and how we can best help them. We do this through partnership with many other teams including those who build the hardware, maintain Square's payments infrastructure, and protect our sellers from fraud.
The Payments Product PMM team drives global growth in payments processing volume. We do this by identifying which customer segments we can serve, understanding these sellers' needs, and using those insights to directly influence our product strategy and roadmap. We determine product positioning and messaging, develop full-funnel growth strategies, and build acquisition campaigns to grow our business. We work with multiple teams to ensure we build the right products and reach the right customers, with the right messages, through the right channels, at the right time.
We are looking for a Payments PMM to increase growth of our overall seller base and payments processing volume globally. As steward of Square's flagship product and largest seller base, you will focus on a) understanding who our sellers are and their jobs to be done and b) driving impactful growth experimentation and optimizations across paid and organic channels informed by rich seller insights. You will report to the Global Product Marketing Lead, Payments Products.
- Develop the growth marketing strategy for Square's payment products in existing and future markets with a focus on experimentation and optimization across paid and organic channels.
- Understand our sellers; conduct surveys, interviews, and product usage analyses to learn who they are, what they need, how our products meet their needs, and what other alternatives exist in the market
- Be the voice of the customer and partner with Product Management, Design and Engineering to establish the global growth strategy and influence the product roadmap.
- Measure marketing program performance and improve results through continuous testing
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to promote product growth and retention
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of business/growth strategy and product marketing experience
- Competence in marketing fundamentals including customer insight development, pricing analysis and recommendations, and executing go-to-market campaigns
- Understanding of traditional and latest channels used for acquiring and retaining customers, including some combination of SEM, programmatic Display, Paid Social, Video, and offline channels.
- Fluent in testing methodologies and related advantages and limitations
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed.
- Basic SQL
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources