Android Engineer, POS
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square helps sellers of all sizes grow their business through Square Point of Sale and our growing ecosystem of add-ons. Come join one of the many teams within Seller at Square. Each team included below has unique and interesting opportunities – there’s almost certainly something for you!
As an Android engineer, you will have complete ownership over the surface areas in the POS applications to make these experiences magical -- for sellers, cashiers and buyers alike. You will work with BE, FE and fellow client engineers to develop new features and improve on existing experiences, and in the process, contribute to one of our most recognized products in the world. You'd also get to work with our flagship hardware products -- Square Register and Square Terminal, as our product experiences are tailored to work even better than on an iPad through these hardware integrations.
We have opportunities across the following teams:
As Square has grown, so have our sellers – going from businesses with just a few employees, to many (sometimes hundreds or thousands!). Team Management provides business owners and managers the tools they need to monitor and manage their employees. This includes providing robust employee permission functionality within Point of Sale and Square Dashboard, plus allowing sellers to track their employees time with time cards. Team Management helps give our sellers the peace of mind that their business is running smoothly, even if they’re not physically present.
This team is charged with building the best products and tools to help sellers build lasting relationships with their customers -- that’s how any local business achieves long term success. Today, they own three add-on products -- Loyalty, Marketing, and Gift Cards. These products help businesses stay top of mind and turn first-time visitors into repeat customers, to regulars, to loyal customers, to promoters. They work to make these products flexible to suit the needs of a diverse merchant base, and create remarkable experiences for both merchants and customers, utilizing unique POS and native interactions.
You'll need to:
- Be proficient in Java or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever's in between.
- Build high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Work with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and decide product scope.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources